The Mansfield Police Department Victim Assistance Program exists to provide services to victims and family members with the goal of lessening the short and long-term trauma experienced as a direct result of their victimization. For this purpose, victims and their family members are provided with:
- Crisis intervention help
- Empathetic listening
- Guidance for resolving problems
- Referrals to other social service agencies to provide additional support
Currently, the Victim Assistance Program provides services to victims of violent crime in Mansfield.
- Assistance with Crime Victims' Compensation (CVC) applications
- Childcare (while statements are given to detectives)
- Death notification
- Guidance during crisis
- Information and referrals to local social service agencies
- Notification regarding eligibility for application to the Crime Victims' Compensation (CVC) fund
- On-scene counseling
- Personal advocacy/intervention
- Other services are assessed on a case by case basis by staff
The Victim Assistance Program and the Crime Prevention Unit of the Mansfield Police Department are happy to announce a new joint-effort approach to community awareness and crime prevention. "Information Clinics" are now being offered to Mansfield church, civic and neighborhood groups... free of charge!
"Information Clinics" can be scheduled for almost any time at your location or at the Mansfield Public Safety Building.